CHEAP BEER QUEER SLEAZE
THURS 28TH OF JULY 2022
for the fags dykes queers boygirls girlboys of helsinki and adjacent areas
for those fed up with the state of and lack of real trans spaces in helsinki
for those fed up with rainbow consumerism in a pretty pink package
even for those who hate beer!!!
join the sleazefest by bringing a can of the nastiest, cheapest or most interesting beer you can find and sharing it with others. alcohol-free beer is a plus, the idea of this event is not to get shitfaced, but to satirize wine tasting and the idea that a 50 euro price tag is needed for communal events.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
- a mug/cup/other vessel to drink out of
- something to sit on if you wish
- your zines or other things you wish to share with people there
- yourself and other like-minded friends!
respect others around you as well as your surroundings. don't be an asshole, don't harrass anyone. please clean up all your trash!
TIME AND PLACE
the gathering will take place in Sibelius park, Töölö, near the Ilmatar ja sotka sculpture. a progress pride flag will mark the spot!
the date is thursday, 28th of july 2022, and starting time is around 17:15.
you can come and go as you please, the person organizing and typing this will probably be there until 20 or 21.
the gathering takes place in a grassy park with gravel paths. the park area has pavement around it with approximately 5cm thresholds when crossing over the Välskärinkatu road.
the pavement's threshold is slightly less high at the junction of Välskärinkatu and Humalistonkatu.
peeing is critical! in the map above, 1 is the area of the park near the statue. 2 is the Töölö library and 3 is Korjaamo, an event venue. these spaces have toilets. the Töölö library is open until 20 and Korjaamo until 23.
- the Töölö library, about 200-300 metres away from the gathering, has two gendered toilets and one larger disabled toilet. there are stairs of 12 and 15 steps leading to the library's entrance on two sides, and a stepless pathway on the Humalistonkatu side of the library.
- the library's front door is open if the weather is good, and the doorway is at least 80cm wide. the doorway has two thresholds of 1-2cm in height. indoors the toilets are on the ground floor with no stairs or thresholds on the way. the disabled toilet has a threshold of 1-2cm, steeper when exiting the toilet.
- the toilet's door does not have a puller bar inside. there are liftable arm supports on both sides of the toilet seat, and empty space on the left side of the seat when sitting. there is a bidet shower. the sink's height cannot be adjusted.
- Korjaamo is about 350-400 metres away from the gathering and has a couple of unisex stalls, a stall with a urinal, and a disabled toilet.
- this part of the building can be accessed by entering Korjaamo's terrace yard, and turning left to the second door, under an archway. the doorway is at least 80cm wide and has two thresholds of about 1-2cm in height. the street along Eino Leinon katu leading up to Korjaamo is made of fairly even cobblestone. the entrance to the terrace yard has a small downwards slope of about 2 metres.
- the disabled toilet's door does not have a puller bar inside. there are liftable arm supports on both sides of the seat, and empty space on both sides of the seat. there is not a bidet shower. the sink's height cannot be adjusted and is about 80cm high.
the pavement's thresholds at two crosswalks over Topeliuksenkatu are not lowered at both ends of the crosswalk and are around 3-5cm high.
you may spread this website-invitation around to people you know and trust and think would like to come along! :)
prepare for the chance to participate in writing your beer reviews for a zine!
Free website hit counter